- Q When is the registration deadline?
- A Registration will be closed when the seats are full. Since the fee differs according to the date of registration, your early registration is highly recommended.
- QI will not be able to decide on my participation until the last minute. Can I register now and then pay at the Conference?
- A Unfortunately, we do not accept payment at the Conference. It is necessary to remit within three days from the registration, and the Participation Pass with QR code will be sent by email after the receipt of the remittance. The fee changes according to the day of the registration, and registration will be closed when the seats are full. Please register as early as possible.
- QCan I remit the fees for myself and my friend in one payment?
- A You cannot remit fees for another participant if you are registering as an individual. However, you can pay for more than one participant fee if you are registering as a group (see Group Registration.)
- QCan I have an invoice?
If you register from Group Registration, it is possible. Please apply from the form below. A pdf file will be sent.
- QCan I have a receipt?
Please apply from the form below. Upon the receipt of the fee, a pdf file will be sent.
- QCan I receive a refund?
- A Unfortunately, we are unable to give refunds for any reason. If you are unable to participate, you may invite a friend or colleague to participate instead. In such a case, please send the registration number, the name of new attendee, email address, mobile phone number, and photo (face only) to the Secretariat.
- QWhat will the Roundtable be like?
- A The Roundtable begins with panel discussion for 30 minutes followed by a 40-minute interactive discussion with the audience.
- QCan I choose to attend a different Roundtable than the one I registered for?
- A Yes, you are free to change your mind. You don’t need to notify us.
Seats, late arrival, early leave
- QAre seats open or reserved?
- A There is open seating. We recommend you to arrive before the doors open.
- QCan participants arrive late, or leave early?
- A Yes. If you arrive late, we might ask you to wait to enter, depending on the status of the session. If you need to leave the venue during the Conference, please make sure to take the Participation Pass you received at the entrance with you, because you will need it to re-enter the venue.
- QWill interpreters be provided?
- A Japanese-English simultaneous interpretation will be provided for the plenary session in the main hall. The Roundtables in the afternoon will be conducted either in English or in Japanese; no interpreters will be provided.
- QAre babysitting services available?
- A The hotel does not offer babysitting services and we are unable to recommend any others near the venue. Thank you for your kind understanding.
Staying at the Hotel
- QIs there a special rate for the hotel?
Conference participants receive a special discount for lodging.
Please note that summer is a very busy season at the hotel, and it may be difficult to secure a reservation. Please reserve your room immediately after you’ve registered for the Conference to ensure availability.
- QIs there a dress code for the conference?
Many dress in a business casual style.
Since the venue is very large, it takes time for the air-conditioning to adjust. We recommend that you bring a jacket or sweater.
- QIs there time to network?
- A All the participants will meet, talk, and exchange name card all day, especially at the Networking Party at the end of the day. Making new friends is one of the most valuable experiences of the Conference so bring a few hundred name cards, at least.
- QCan I do business at the Conference?
- A We hope participants will make the most of their encounters, but only upon mutual agreement. Do note that soliciting (directly approaching participants to attain their business) is expressly prohibited, so please refrain from such conversations. Also, please do not make unwanted phone calls or send materials to those with whom you have exchanged name cards. Since the Conference is open to anyone, the Conference Committee and Secretariat cannot ensure each participant’s credibility, and assume no responsibility for any issues between participants. Please kindly handle any such matters yourselves.
- QWhich airport is the closest?
The hotel is in Tokyo, Japan. http://www.tokyo.grand-nikko.com/eng/access/
Haneda Airport Tokyo (HND) is the closest, about 20-30 min by taxi or Airport Limousine Bus.
From Narita International Airport (NRT) Tokyo, it takes about 1.5 hours by taxi or Airport Limousine Bus.